Tuesday 2 December 2008

Evaluations of finished Magazine cover/contents page.

This is the finished college magazine that I produced. This was done after I had been debating on how to present the finished peice. In the process I had taken a range of pictures, I had been trying to come up with a colour theme for the text and also the layout and choice of text to actually include.


Firstly I chose the picture. I chose this particualr picture because I thought it would frame the magazine really well, and also because it links in with the name of the magazine, as the picture is of someone shooting, and the name of the magazine is ''Shoot''. To help the picture stand out a little more, rather than been pushed into the background and out of the way, I blurred the background of the picture, so that the person pictured would pop out.


Nextly, the reason I chose to use 'Shoot' as the name of the magazine is because I think it has possitive and enthusiastic connotations, all in the one word. I also knew it would be suitable for my magazine because it is a sports related magazine, and shooting is an essential part of any sport. In addition to this, I wanted to use something that would be short, snappy and easy to remember.


Using the slogan for the magazine 'aim for better', adds even more relation to the theme of the magazine and what the ideologies of the magazine are; doing better and achieving more. It also follows on from the name of the magazine, because it acts as a short clause, and it comes across as been really enthusiastic.


Furthermore, the reason I chose the colour theme that I did, was because it correlates with the colour of the hoodie that the person in the picture is wearing. I also chose this colour scheme because the Wyke colour is blue, and this would add a relation between the magazine and the college.


For the contents page, I thought I would split up what was on the front cover and what wasn't because people who are reading the magazine are going to want to get straight to what they bought the magazine for, which is what they see on the front cover. Although I did this, I still kept the other content just as presented and viewable as the content mentioned on the front cover so that they don't just get passed by.


I thought I would carry on the theme colour of blue, as it keeps the magazine flowing and keeps it consistant throughout. This is also carried through by using the white writing. Although on the front cover there is no white writing, there is quite a bit of white included within it as a whole, so instead of using black, to make it seem dim and dark, I wanted to use white do it would appear bright and inviting. Although i did this for the first part, the reason I chose to change it back to the blue, was so that it would add contrast, and make is obvious why the two groups of content have been seperated.

No comments: