Wednesday 18 February 2009

Original Idea for my front cover

When I first did my photo's, I had a clear idea of what I wanted my front cover to look like. So the aim of my photoshoot was to create the pictures I knew I would want to use for my front cover. The picture I was aiming to get was something like this.



After working on this picture for a while, trying my best to create close to what I wanted, I ended up with something like this.



The name of my magazine originally I wanted to be called 'EXCLUSIVE' but due to the picture, I decided to change it to 'VENUE' because I was able to fit it on. After long deliberation on the colours, I chose these colours because I wanted something bright and outstanding. Unfortunately, the colour scheme I decided on added to me wanting to start all over. The only part I like about this version of my front cover I liked and was happy with was the actual picture been in black and white. I liked this because I thought it added nice contrast to the colours.

Another thing which made me want to start over was the fact that the name of the magazine was vertical instead of horizontal. I didn't like the fact I had to do this because I dont think it creates as much emphasis on the name of the magazine as what it would if it was horizontal, and the attention of the reader be drawn to other things on the cover. As well as this, the text featured on the cover was very bland and didn'd make much of an impact.

So instead of trying to put all the wrongs right, and tweak it all, I decided to start over with a complete different idea. I thought this would be a good idea, because then I would at least have an option of what to present instead of sticking to the one I had and had been disappointed with.

No comments: